A few weeks ago I posted, “Survey Says!” It listed the top eleven recipes from my kitchen according to my boys.
As promised, here is the second post in the series of sharing those recipes.
Sparkle On, Friends.
Mary’s Twice Baked Potatoes
What you need:
- Four large russet potatoes washed, and each pierced several times
- Six tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of hot milk
- 2/3 cup of shredded sharp cheddar plus more for topping
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh minced parsley
- Optional: Minced Scallion, Bacon bits
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the potatoes on the rack in the center of the oven and bake for one hour.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven.
- Hold each potato with a towel and then slice the potato lengthwise.
- Hollow out the potato leaving a layer of the potato (so that the skins remain intact.)
- Place the potato into a mixing bowl.
- Brush the skins with butter, sprinkle the with salt and pepper and return to the oven while you make the filling.
- Mash the potato with the butter. Add the sour cream. Stir in the milk a bit at a time and continue to mash until the mixture is blended. Add more milk if needed for your desired consistency
- Season with kosher salt and pepper
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese
- Remove the skins from the oven and refill them with the potato mixture, mounding it slightly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the potato filling.
- Set the potatoes a baking sheet, and bake until heated through about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley (or with scallion or bacon bits.)
- Serve immediately.